In order to maintain a safe environment for our customers and for our staff, the following procedures and policies are effective May 1, 2020.
If you or anyone in your household has been diagnosed, please do not bring your dog in until you have completed the quarantine time.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please text 847-272-2918 and let us know that you are in the parking lot. Please state your last name in your text.
- Because we schedule by appointment, we will give a 15 minute cushion to arrive for your appointment. After that, it will be up to the groomer's discretion whether they can still groom your dog, and if they can, there will be a $10 late fee.
- All customers must wear a face covering for the check-in.
- Please remove all collars, leashes, and harnesses. We will NOT touch any of your dog's equipment.
- A Wags representative will meet you at your car. For your pet's safety, we will put a slip lead on all dogs when we retrieve them from your car.
- Once your dog is in our shop, we will review its coat condition. If you would like the same haircut as your last visit, please let us know. If we determine that we have to do a different haircut based on coat condition, we will have your groomer call you to discuss.
- We realize that many dogs will be matted, and we will NOT subject your pup to excessive dematting Any dogs with excessive mats will be required to have a short haircut.
- We will not be putting bandanas or bows on dogs.
- We will not be able to do 'nail trim only' requests at this time. If you would like to have your dog bathed, a nail trim is included with this service.
- We request 24 hours for any cancellation. Any appointments cancelled or not showing will be charged a 50% fee which will be applied at your next appointment.
Grooming Check Out
- Appointment times will likely be longer than you are accustomed to. We will call you when your dog is ready for pickup.
- We will tell you your grooming charge when we call for pick up. Payment for service, tip, and any retail product can be made with a credit card over the phone. If you prefer to pay with a check or cash, we request that it be put in a sealed envelope.
- If you are in our loyalty program, please give us the phone number to enter for your transaction.
- Please be considerate and pick up you dog within an hour of being called, or additional charges may apply.
- When you have arrived, please text us at 847-272-2918 and a Wags associate will bring your pup to your car.
Your pup's safety and health is so important to us . . . We are excited to see all of your friendly faces again, and the happy wagging tails of our four-legged friends! We have missed you all!